Saturday, June 19, 2010

CULTURAL INSPIRATION


Just when I’d given up thinking everything nice and beautiful in my life was destroyed forever, life gave me a real chance of happiness, fame, wealth and recognition. In an instant my life changed when I was selected for the prestigious Cultural & Teaching Exchange Programme in Japan (JET Programme). My dream to represent my country and to contribute in bridging the psychological distance that exists between two cultures was fulfilled.


I had lived in Japan earlier on when my father held a diplomatic appointment there. But going back as a teacher was the most rewarding experience for me. I am what I am today in life because of that experience. The Japanese thought teaches one the value of truth, honour, and discipline. I have also imbibed these values in my life and it serves its purpose till today.


Faith also was instrumental in making my dreams come true. It is important to believe no matter what and that’s when things really happen. One should never feel defeated even if life crushes you. Even in difficult and trying times I strongly held on to my dreams.


I always drew my inspiration from my elders. One draws inspiration and strength from other cultures as well. Fine examples of strength are the people of Japan who despite having suffered in a Nuclear War rose from the ashes like a Phoenix. I reconstructed my life too after several setbacks, disappointments and failures. Despite the setbacks I have attempted to find meaning in the simplest mundane things and believe that there’s a divine design in whatever comes my way.


Indian and Japanese cultures have taught me to respect traditional values that bring peace and serenity in times of stress. One should optimistically believe that there are great chances waiting ahead to transform one’s life.


Destiny gave me that chance when I needed it the most. If one is strong, if one believes Fate may sometimes reconsider and actually give you what you desire.Life is what you make of it. Positive attitude can make life meaningful.


India like Japan has a rich heritage of spirituality, meditation and quest for inner peace. My experiences transcending two cultures enrich me to successfully tackle and overcome the challenging setbacks that come my way. In short the ‘mantra’ lies within your own self to achieve self realization and muster inner strengths to face adversity and challenges that comes one’s way.

No comments:

Translate

TRANSLATIONS ALL LANGUAGES