Tuesday, December 17, 2019

SMILES that SHARING of SWEETS brings


Smiles that sharing of sweets and good times with family and friends brings is so valuable ! This past week there have been so many days of sharing of sweets and good times !  I have spent many wonderful moments with family and friends this festive season through sharing food and sweets . "Dil maange more !" The Heart wants more !

 Sharing is Caring ! It is nice to share the"mithai" ( Indian sweets) boxes I received from my parents and brother with all  my friends & neighbours ! Many must be doing that out here but in my neighbourhood I am setting my own traditions to bring together neighbours and friends through tea and sweets every now and then. That is the best way to interact culturally too. We may be from the same country but we all still have so much to learn from each other as we come from different States.
As Indians we believe in sharing sweets with everyone as it is considered auspicious...Through the sharing of sweets one spreads happiness and sweetness in everyone's lives...And specially in my neighbourhood in Silicon Valley we share so many things specially sweets brought all the way from India . Many friends came over to collect mithai from me this week. Everybody wants a share in it however small and feel honoured to be included.  

"Mithai" brings everyone together ! 🙂 Receiving and giving sweets is considered good in most countries specially Japan and India ! I remember that in Japan my colleagues would also always share sweets as gifts (omiyage) with family, friends and colleagues. In Asian culture giving and receiving sweets is important as it symbolizes moments of happiness and marks auspicious events.

It was so SWEET of  my brother to give me so many boxes of sweets to share with others...
Life is SWEET when you SHARE SWEETS ...:)

No comments:

Translate

TRANSLATIONS ALL LANGUAGES